|Product Name||Clarins Shaping Facial Lift Wrap|
|Retail Price||$15 for 25ml on Best Buy Singapore|
|Product Description||BEAUTY BENEFITSFor facial puffiness in the morning and feelings of heaviness around the cheeks in times of stress or heat.
In just 10 minutes, this Facial Wrap lightens tissues, reduces puffiness, smoothens and redefines the features.
At the same time, it restores soft, bright, matte skin. The face is instantly and visibly refined and more beautiful.
Apply a thick layer on the bottom half of the face and the neck, avoiding the eye contour area. Leave for 10 minutes, then rinse with cold water. To enhance its effectiveness; follow Clarins Manual Auto-Lifting Method described in the leaflet that comes with every product.
|The Good||1) Does reduce puffiness in the face. Not very significant, but at least skin feels taut and smooth.
2) Doesn’t sting my sensitive skin, great to use just before makeup application for those who’re rushing off to an important event.
3) Doesn’t smell horrible. Just a faint scent of barley and clay.
4) Dual purpose: Brightens and tones the face. Great to use in the mornings! For better results, I tend to prefer storing this in the fridge before I apply it on. It somehow helps to soothe my sensitive skin faster and better.
|The Bad||1) Might be a little drying for very dry skin types due to its clay ingredients.2) A little on the pricey side as compared to slimming paper masks that come with ear hooks. Those “lift” the skin pretty well too.3) Frequent use of this product is needed to maintain the tautness of the skin, especially under the chin area. Cost might be an issue for those on a budget.
4) I believe that this product may work best for those in their 20s and 30s, where sagging skin isn’t at its worst state yet and can still be lightly treated and maintained over the long run. More of a preventive care product than treatment kind, based on my experience with this product.
|Overall Rating||3 out of 5|
|Will I repurchase this?||Nope.It performs decently well by brightening and firming my skin, especially along the jawline and neck area. However, results weren’t as spectacular as I’d have wished for it to be, despite frequent usage of this product. It’s more like a luxury product to me; good to have, but definitely not a must-have item in my ever-growing skincare stash. I’d still recommend it to those who’re looking for products that can firm up the skin along the jawline to prevent sagging, especially if you’re losing a couple of pounds recently or suffer from serious water retention in the face in the mornings. It’s still a good product to try if you’ve the extra cash and have the interest to venture into trying firming and shaping skincare products.|
hey everyone! :D
hope you’ve enjoyed the short video on what i wore to the maybelline party! nothing that fancy but i just thought of sharing with you how i dress down a rather formal-looking dress for social night time events :)
makeup’s definitely on the dramatic side but the photos certainly turned out well! :)
you can check out the photos on my personal blog (http://www.charissayvette.wordpress.com) if you’re interested!~
i’ll be posting more personal sharings on that blog so feel free to visit ^^
a huge thank you for all the support thus far and not forgetting, my new subscribers! :)
Do let me know if you’d like makeup tutorial on this look! :D i mainly used inexpensive Sleek makeup products for the eye makeup :) it could very well be a prom makeup look for those who’re looking for a dramatic look to wear :)
|Product Name||Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing UV Milk with SPF50 PA+++
|Retail Price||$19.90, exclusively sold at Watsons
Visit Hada Labo Facebook Page to participate in sampling campaigns and giveaways!
|Product Description||This multi purpose UV milk has 3‐in‐1 benefits:
UV Protection, Hydration, and Make‐Up Base.
1) WithSPF50PA+++, users can be assured of a high, broad-‐spectrum protection against UVA and UVB.
2) Like other products in the brand, Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing UV Milk SPF 50 PA+++ reaches deep into the skin to moisturize the skin with three types of Hyaluronic Acid. It locks in moisture for a soft, supple and radiant skin all day.
3) As a Make-Up Base, cosmetics can glide easily on the smoother skin after applying it. The light, water like texture makes it easy for an even application, and is quickly absorbed without stickiness. The UV milk is transparent, leaving no white residues.
The UV milk is gentle on skin, as it is free of artificial ingredients such fragrances, mineral oil, alcohol and colorant that may burden the skin. This UV milk also keeps the skin’s pH balanced, and is rigorously tested for low skin irritation.
It is suitable for daily usage on the face, neck and body.
|The Good||1) Smooth consistency that applies easily onto the skin hydrates the drier patches of skin that I have from overnight acne spot treatment
2) Absolutely no sticky feeling at all!
3) Doesn’t leave a white cast on the skin, which makes foundation and concealer application true to its shade. Goodbye to geisha-looking faces! Awesome!
4) Nearly no scent to the sun block lotion at all! Great feature, since my acne-prone skin will definitely heal faster without the unnecessary fragrance ingredients!
5) Suitable for sensitive skin! I don’t usually put sunblock lotion on my neck since many of them cause my neck to itch and develop specks of rashes. I’m happy to say that this product didn’t and it hydrates the skin on my neck well enough to keep it soft and smooth!
6) A 50cents coin amount is more than enough for the face and entire neck, which means a bottle of this product should last between 2 to 3 months of daily usage. Quite value for money as compared to similar sunblock lotions from high-end brands.
|The Bad||1) Perhaps a larger volume quantity? 38ml may seem little to those who’re really on a tight budget, but then again the quality of this sunblock lotion’s pretty decent for the price too. Just wanted to add on this point in from the perspective of a very price sensitive buyer.
2) Only available at Watsons. Both good and bad. While it may be slightly troublesome to hunt down a Watsons outlet to purchase this from, Watsons also tends to have many sale discounts for the public and members that we can benefit from.
|Overall Rating|| 4.5 out of 5
|Will I repurchase this?||Definitely! YES!
I was very impressed with the performance of this sunblock! If you’ve seen my previous review on the Clarins Tinted Sunbock Lotion, you’d have already known that I’m a fan of that. But this product is my current favourite now as it doesn’t alter the undertones of my skin at all and most of all, hydrates the dry patches on my face to allow foundation to adhere better. While there’re pros and cons to the whole issue of brightening the complexion with a tinted base, I’d still rather have a sunblock lotion that dries down to a transparent semi-matte finish to allow me to quickly complete my makeup routine within the few minutes that I can spare in the morning.
Very ideal for those who’re always on-the-go and are looking for a sunblock lotion that does the hydration and sun protection job for you in one step!